If you'd like to earn additional money from your podcast, Audioboom has an industry-leading sales team working for you, and we're also connected to the world's leading ad networks. We can automatically add pre- and post- roll ads to your show (and mid-rolls should you wish for those too.) We also give you best-in-class controls to choose which ads you wish for and help protect your show's brand.
How do I sign up?
Simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll ask you to complete a short form agreeing we can place ads on your shows, agree your Revenue Share, and sign up to the terms and conditions.
How does it work?
- Every single time a listener downloads or streams one of your shows, we check our VOLARE ad server.
- We look at factors like what kind of show it is, where that particular listener is, what day and time it is where they are, what kind of ads you'll allow, and sometimes even things like what the weather's like where the listener is.
- We then check against all the campaigns we're running ourselves...
- ...and available campaigns from leading programmatic advertising networks and agencies worldwide.
- If there are suitable ads, we merge them with a copy of your show that specific listener will get, and deliver it as one single file.
- All this happens in a fraction of a second, with no discernible delay to the user.
- Not every ad slot is suitable for an ad, and not every ad will be suitable for that ad slot. So you might not hear ads every time you play a show (this is known as fill rate).
How do I get paid?
We'll accrue your earnings for you until you hit an agreed level (usually $100). At that point, we'll reach out via your registered email with a report and arrange to pay you.
How do I control what kind of ads are on my show?
We're aware that not every ad is suitable for every show. Once you're signed up for ads, you'll see a new link appear on your Dashboard called Ad Restrictions. Simply tick and untick which categories you'd like to allow on your podcast. We also block a number of controversial ad categories across all podcasts. If you have a query about any ad you hear, please contact email@example.com.
Can I get sponsors?
Once your show is the right size for sponsors and Live Reads, we'll usually reach out to work with you directly and add you to our LIRICAL system.
- Make sure your podcast is in the correct Category through your Dashboard, and try and describe what's in each show in your Description. These are used by advertisers for matching ads, but also help promote you across search engines.
- Add Mid-Roll points for extra opportunities. The best place to put these is in an appopriate second of silence during your show - so if there's an ad there, it fits well, and if there's not, users don't notice. We recommend no more than three during an hour length show, or two back-to-back.
How can I advertise on Audioboom?
If you're an advertiser that would like to tap into the personal power of podcasting, or would like to promote a show on Audioboom, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make introductions.