Audioboom takes the issue of copyright protection very seriously.
We respect the intellectual property of people who've taken the time, effort and money to create content, and expect our users to do likewise. Very occasionally, though, people do upload content that doesn't belong to them.
We're based and hosted in the United Kingdom and work under UK laws (specifically the UK's Copyright and Related Rights Regulations 2003).
However, like many other sites that work with user uploads, we use the framework and guidelines of the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) to make handling claims easier for everybody. *
If you need to ask us to take something down, here's how to do it.
- Start a new Support Ticket - click here to open one in a new window.
- Select "Copyright Issue/DMCA Notice" option in the "Issue Type" dropdown.
- Please clearly identify the clip or clips in question you need us to review, by posting the link to the content on Audioboom.com. Our links look like this:
Please enclose a link to EACH piece of content we need to review - or if a single user has made multiple infringements, a representative sample. You can submit as many as you need to in a single ticket.
- Clearly identify yourself as the owner or authorised agent of the copyrighted work(s) infringed. We may request supporting documents if necessary.
- Provide your name, telephone number, and address (these are required).
For speed, please also include Skype if you have them.
If there is a specific email address for the copyright holder and you are acting as an agent for them, please include that too.
- Include all three of the following statements:
- I am the copyright owner or an authorised agent thereof.
- (I/we) have good faith belief that use of the aforementioned material is not authorised by the copyright owner, any of its agents, or applicable laws.
- The information in this notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, (I am/ we are) authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is infringed.
When you Submit your ticket, we accept this as an electronic signature that you have accepted all terms of this procedure, as well as our Terms and Conditions.
WARNING: be aware that making misrepresentations concerning copyright may render you liable for damages incurred as a result of the removal or blocking of the material, court costs and attorney fees. There may also be fees from us resulting from any investigation or remedial work we have to perform. Anything you submit to us becomes a legal document that may be used in further investigations or actions, including your IP address.
Contesting Copyright Claims
If we remove content due to such a Copyright notice:
- Please start a new Support Ticket - click here - and select Copyright Issue/DMCA Notice.
- Please clearly state the content that was removed (and provide links if you have them).
- Please provide reasons why the content should not have been removed or disabled - especially if you can identify yourself as the original owner of the Copyrighted material.
- Include your name, address, phone number, and the following statement:
(I/we) hereby state under penalty of perjury that (I/we) have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification.
*Just as a reminder, we are not bound to follow the US DMCA laws or process - we're a UK firm working under UK and European Union laws. But the guidelines are familiar to everyone and do work well for resolving these kind of situations.