Audioboom supports private podcasts, which let you have a feed that's only available to the people you share it with. Private podcasts & their episodes don't show up on the Audioboom website.
The privacy-setting applies to all the episodes within a feed - it's not possible to have a podcast with a mixture of public & private episodes. If you want both a public & a private podcast, you'll need to purchase two podcast subscriptions.
Private RSS Feed
- When your podcast is made private, it gets a "secret" RSS feed URL. Anyone you give this URL to can listen to the private episodes using a podcast app.
- (That means users can't listen in Spotify, since Spotify doesn't allow listeners to add podcasts using an RSS feed)
Members-only embed player
- You can copy-and-paste our embed codes if you'd like to put an episode-player on your own members-only site.
- Anyone you share that code with will be able to listen to that episode
- Your episodes are still plain old MP3s - we don't apply DRM or anything that might prevent downloading.
- If you share your RSS feed or embed codes with a nefarious user, it's not possible to prevent them sharing that feed URL or the MP3s within it to a greater audience.
Contact us if you'd like us to set up a private podcast.
Article is closed for comments.